Saturday, December 4, 2010

A man in love


It's happened. I've become #2 on my son's list of Top Women. Patrick has fallen in love.
I picked him up from school one day last week, and he mentioned a new name: Rebecca.
Me: WHO's Rebecca?
Paddy: My girlfriend.
[Amused and shocked, I paused to come up with more questions.]
M: OooOOoooh! Is she pretty?
P: No.
[:)]
M: Is she nice?
P: No.
[Ha!]
M: Does she know she's your girlfriend?
P: No.
Hmmmmmm.
This past Thursday, we had a rough morning--the kind where tears seem to be related to nothing. I decided to invoke the girlfriend as motivation.
M: Patrick, do you want me to tell Rebecca you're a Crabby Patty today?
P: No!
M: What should we tell her then?
P: That I love her.
I think we both sighed at that point but for very different reasons...

3 comments:

Jill said...

She sounds very well suited. How do they learn this stuff at such a young age? Did we act like this too? Either way, I'm glad Patrick is happy!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo, love the dialogue, but hope he's got at least a few good years before worrying about hair gel. Honestly, and I thought just getting tall was bad enough! (Who else but Nonna?)

orahoods said...

I knew those dimples weren't going to keep him single for long!